WhatsApp introduced video calling about five (5) days ago and are rolling it out in stages for android, windows and iPhone users. Your WhatsApp application is supposed to be video call enabled after update but if it isn’t, then you have a wait a while as it will soon be available to all phones. This information can be confirmed from a statement made by the WhatsApp administration on the day of the video call launch:
Don’t Miss: Whatsapp Extends Support for BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry 10 , Nokia S40 & Nokia Symbian S60
But there’s no cause for alarm if it isn’t yet available to your mobile device, just follow through below and you’d be connecting with friends and loved ones pretty soon.
How to Enable WhatsApp Video Call
Here’s how to make a video call within WhatsApp:
- Open WhatsApp (of course!)
- Go to the Contacts tab
- Find and tap the contact you want to initiate a WhatsApp video call with
- Tap on the phone icon towards the top of the screen
- From the popup choose Video call
That’s it – you’ve just made your first WhatsApp video call!
Note: This method is only for those who have updated their applications but still cannot access the WhatsApp Video Calling Feature.
- Open Google Play and search for WhatsApp
- Open WhatsApp’s Google Play listing
- Scroll dow towards the bottom of the page
- In the section that says Become a beta tester tap on I’M IN
- Confirm on the next screen and wait for a few minutes
- Come back to WhatsApp listing page on Google Play
- You should see an option to Update WhatsApp to beta version
- Update the app
Alternatively, you could download the WhatsApp APK that comes with support for video calling (v2.16.354) from a website like APKMirror or APKPure, if you know what you are doing. We advice most of our readers to follow the above-mentioned steps to officially get on the WhatsApp beta version for video calling and other features, and skip the risks associated with downloading the WhatsApp APK.
Don’t Miss: Using the WhatsApp Messenger Like a Boss (1)
Note that for WhatsApp video calling to work, both parties should be running a WhatsApp build that supports the feature. WhatsApp may also prompt you for feedback once the video call is over.
What do you think of WhatsApp’s video calling feature? Let us know via the comments.